Other Card Posts

More card posts to enjoy.

On Facebook

On Facebook
Grace Notes On Facebook

My Music

Click the cloud to go to my music on Sound Cloud.

Copyright

The contents of this web site including all text, graphics, photos and design ideas are my own.

The card designs, graphics and poetry provided here are my own creations. I am pleased to share them for your inspiration and pleasure. As is customary, please provide a link back to this site if you use any portion of my designs.

Since every good and perfect thing is a gift from God, I recognize that my inspiration and creativity is from Him.
Copyright 2014 Grace Baxter

About Spelling

If you follow my blog or know me at all, you will soon realize that I spell certain words differently from what you are used to seeing on most web sites. This is because I am Canadian and I am a spelling NUT. It drives me crazy when things are misspelled. So naturally, it would rub me the wrong way to purposely leave out letters from words that I know need them. Canadian spelling is actually a blend of British and U.S.

Sewing and Crafts

Home Dec Projects

Blog Archive

I'm in Cricut Mag.

I'm in Cricut Mag.
My Spring Thank-You Card
Copyright Grace Baxter 2011. Powered by Blogger.
February 13, 2011

A Thing of Beauty ~ Award



In looking around blogland and seeing some lovely sites, I realize that certain kinds of style catch my eye. I have decided to create an award for the special sites which, in my opinion, have it ALL together. Not only are their projects great, but the blog owner has taken the time to make sure the overall blog design is good. This includes spelling, layout, color scheme, titling and pictures. Here is the award.


I will be on the lookout for more award recipients in the future. If your blog (or someone else's) is excellent, please let me know.  I will also be creating more awards, specific to certain kinds of achievements. I'd love to hear from you. Brag a little about your blog, or congratulate someone's blog that's deserving of an award!

Rules of Award Acceptance 
  1. Right-click on the award and save it to your desktop for use when you add it to your blog.
  2. Choose FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give ONE reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?
  3. On your blog page, list 5 things about yourself. Include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft.
One small request. It's not a rule, but I would very much appreciate a link back to my blog attached to the award badge when you display it on your site (after choosing all five of your faves). Thanks so much!

I have kept the requirements few and simple so that people will not feel it is a chore to accept the award. It is meant to be fun and encouraging! But since there are only five recipients each time, select them thoughtfully and carefully.


A Thing of Beauty ~ Award

And now, here is my list of FIVE recipients for this special award. In no particular order, they are:

  1. Up Late 2 Create! Tereesa always has a delightful colour scheme.
  2. Daily Grace Creations Donna and Peggy always have a lot of fun going on at their site.
  3. Paperie Petals A very clean and attractive looking blog.
  4. Selma's Stamping Corner A lovely site and beautiful cards.
  5. Yvonne's Great cards and other lovely paper crafts.
It was hard to make just one comment about each of the above blogs. Please take a few minutes to visit each of these recipients' blogs. You'll find inspiration there, for sure!

 Five Things About Me
  1. I only like antiques if they are pretty; not all beat up and scruffy. Hate the grunge look.
  2. I play piano and sing.
  3. Another favourite thing of mine is writing poetry, verses, song lyrics.
  4. I'd like my garden to be bigger and have the beautiful roses I used to be able to grow.
  5. What I love about cardmaking is that my mind can wander into another world where there are no worries; only flowers, birds, music and creativity. I always think about the special person I am creating each card for, and that makes me happy.
 I'm looking forward to hearing from you. So tell me about your favorite blogs and let's keep the encouragement going!

6 comments:

  1. Grace - thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment and presenting me with your darling award! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award, Grace! I feel truly honored to recieve this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, Grace. What a lovely award. We am so honored to be one of the first recipients. We will strive to continue to be worthy of it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend passed on your "Thing of Beauty Award" to me. Thank you for such a nice creation. Sometimes a not so good day is made a Terrific day by a great compliment like this.
    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Grace!! What a sweet award a friend (Sylvia) passed to me! Had to come visit! What a lovely place to be this AM. If you looked around my blog at all, you saw my daughter, Jillian--her middle name is Grace--love it!! (We continue to work on an attitude worthy of the name!! She's "fire-y"!!) (LOL). I have enjoyed my visit! Thanks for creating the award--have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Grace for creating such a lovely award! Peggy at Daily Grace Creations graciously gave the award to me! I feel honored to be a recipient of your beautiful award!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I check them every day! If you would like me to contact you, please leave your email address. Note: spam comments are not approved.

About Me

My Photo
I guess you might call me a "right brainer", loving all things creative. Cardmaking is the perfect hobby for me as it allows me to be totally creative, combining design with poetry or verses I can compose myself. With Christmas being such an important occasion for cardmaking and crafting, I decided to create a separate blog just for Christmas projects. "It's All About Christmas" will host all my Christmas items. "Gracenotes For Today" will still feature items every other occasion of the year. I hope you'll drop by often and stay awhile!

Talk to Me

I really enjoy reading your comments. If you see something you like (or don't), please take a second to let me know. It's what keeps me going! Just click the Comments link at the bottom of each post. Thank you!

My Christmas Blog

My Christmas Blog
Christmas Cards, Downloadable Graphics, Poems

Faithful Followers

New Followers

When you become a new follower, please say 'hello' so that I'll know who you are and can welcome you!

Follow by Email