On Facebook

On Facebook
Grace Notes On Facebook

Copyright

The contents of this web site including all text, graphics, photos and design ideas are my own.

The card designs, graphics and poetry provided here are my own creations. I am pleased to share them for your inspiration and pleasure. As is customary, please provide a link back to this site if you use any portion of my designs.

Since every good and perfect thing is a gift from God, I recognize that my inspiration and creativity is from Him.

About Spelling

If you follow my blog or know me at all, you will soon realize that I spell certain words differently from what you are used to seeing on most web sites. This is because I am Canadian and I am a spelling NUT. It drives me crazy when things are misspelled. So naturally, it would rub me the wrong way to purposely leave out letters from words that I know need them. Canadian spelling is actually a blend of British and U.S.

Sewing and Crafts

Home Dec Projects

My Music

Click the cloud to go to my music on Sound Cloud.

I'm in Cricut Mag.

I'm in Cricut Mag.
My Spring Thank-You Card
Copyright Grace Baxter 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

CLICK ON ANY POST TITLE AND SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. YOU WILL SEE THE COMMENT SECTION THERE.
March 1, 2011

Precious Daughter Baby Card



I have a brand new baby niece and this card is for her. It features a sweet little girlie outfit surrounded by a bevy of adorable shoes. If this baby girl is like most of the women in my family, she will love shoes. When I found the baby girl shoe paper, I knew it was just perfect for this card.


The card base is 5" x 5" white Gemstones by Core-dinations. On top of that is pearlized aqua, then pink CS by Cloud 9 Design (plain side). The adorable shoe paper is by "Me & My Big Ideas".

Using my Gypsy, I cut the aqua frame from Storybook at 3.8 x 3.8 cut on blackout. The inner frame (shoes) is 3.5 x 3.5. The baby's outfit is from New Arrival cut at size 2.5.  The cardstock already had the look of fabric which I loved. I embossed the pieces with dotted swiss for definition and to make it truly babyish. The baby outfit is adhered to the frame using pop dots and the frame is attached to the card using thicker dimensional squares. The sentiment is puffy stickers.

Inside 
The little feet are cut at 1.5  from vellum then mounted onto a square of the same pink used on the front. For the lace background I used my MS punch-around-the-page punches and layered the finished piece over light aqua. I inked around the inside shoe panels as well as the baby's outfit on the front in petal pink.


The verse is printed directly onto the shoe paper before splitting it in half. The right inside pink panel is 4-5/8" x 5". It used up the remainder of pink from the 12x12 piece.

Finishing Touches
Since I always love a touch of ribbon somewhere on my cards, I trimmed the shoe background strip  on the front with satin eyelet ribbon and added 3 tiny pearls to the baby's dress. The hanger is cut from shiny foil CS. The inside left panel needed a little something so I made corner pieces from the same aqua pearlized CS, punched with my MS lace punches. This card took quite awhile to complete but I love how it turned out!

10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card!!!! Love all the detail! It comes together beautifully!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, this little card is so adorable. I love that paper with the little shoes on it. Shoes have always been a favorite in my family too. I love all your details, the little outfit and the coat hanger. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so delicate and beautiful! Just like a little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card - I am a new follower ... Thanks so much for posting and joining us at the Canadian Crafty Blog Hop … there are so many talented Crafty Canadians and I am so glad you were able to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is adorable!! Love all the detail! Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the most adorable baby card, such sweet details...have a super week!

    thanks for the note invited me back to your blog!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And a wonderful job on the inside of the card too! Thanks so much for joining our "Lots of Layers" challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Grace, your projects are awesome!! I just came over to say congratulations for being my 100th follower and I would like to send you a little surprise goody! Send me your address to my e-mail account. sandeeallen@yahoo.com
    Congrats and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work! I'm a new follower and I'd love for you to stop by my blog anytime! I can't wait to see what else you'll be coming up with!
    Lisa
    www.lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a cricut master.
    Your card is beautiful.
    Makes me want to use my cricut more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I check them every day! If you would like me to contact you, please leave your email address. Note: spam comments are not approved.

About Me

My Photo
I guess you might call me a "right brainer", loving all things creative. Cardmaking is the perfect hobby for me as it allows me to be totally creative, combining design with poetry or verses I can compose myself. With Christmas being such an important occasion for cardmaking and crafting, I decided to create a separate blog just for Christmas projects. "It's All About Christmas" will host all my Christmas items. "Gracenotes For Today" will still feature items every other occasion of the year. I hope you'll drop by often and stay awhile!

Talk to Me

I really enjoy reading your comments. If you see something you like (or don't), please take a second to let me know. It's what keeps me going! Just click the Comments link at the bottom of each post. Thank you!

My Christmas Blog

My Christmas Blog
Christmas Cards, Downloadable Graphics, Poems

Faithful Followers

New Followers

When you become a new follower, please say 'hello' so that I'll know who you are and can welcome you!

Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...