On Facebook

On Facebook
Grace Notes On Facebook

Copyright

The contents of this web site including all text, graphics, photos and design ideas are my own.

The card designs, graphics and poetry provided here are my own creations. I am pleased to share them for your inspiration and pleasure. As is customary, please provide a link back to this site if you use any portion of my designs.

Since every good and perfect thing is a gift from God, I recognize that my inspiration and creativity is from Him.

About Spelling

If you follow my blog or know me at all, you will soon realize that I spell certain words differently from what you are used to seeing on most web sites. This is because I am Canadian and I am a spelling NUT. It drives me crazy when things are misspelled. So naturally, it would rub me the wrong way to purposely leave out letters from words that I know need them. Canadian spelling is actually a blend of British and U.S.

Sewing and Crafts

Home Dec Projects

My Music

Click the cloud to go to my music on Sound Cloud.

I'm in Cricut Mag.

I'm in Cricut Mag.
My Spring Thank-You Card

Other Card Posts

More card posts to enjoy.
Copyright Grace Baxter 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

September 9, 2011

Happy Birdie Day ~ September B-day Card



With September comes a fresh scent in the air and of course, the very best fall flower to step up and make a statement... the Sunflower.


For this special birthday person, my sister, I wanted to make something reminiscent of summer and also welcome fall which is just around the corner.The sunflower background paper sets the stage. It adds just the right amount of colour without dominating the card.

The birthday greeting, "Happy Birdie Day" is from Straight from the Nest, as is the frame behind it. I did quite a bit of layering for the greeting, doubling up the cuts using white cardstock behind the phrase and the green scalloped frame. I like the body and dimension this provides. Edges of the front panel and green title frame are all inked with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink.

The bird and gold swirls are all part of a sticker set I've been anxious to use. The set has been in my stash for over a year and I am happy to finally have found a good place for a few of these embellishments. They're beautiful and needed a fitting home to rest.

Inside
I created the inside verse on my computer, printing it in brown to harmonize with the rest of the card. To give the card a "garden" feel, I punched the edges of this text sheet using Martha Stewart's lattice punch.

I cut one of the larger sunflowers from the background paper used on the front. Then, to make this flower more distinctive, I painted over the entire thing using my ProMarkers and blended the colours. I like how it is bright and lively.

The lattice edges were a little flimsy so I added borders of the same green used on the front. I like the finished card and hope it brings a smile to my sister's face when she opens it. Sunflowers have to be the happiest flowers in the garden. The other day, I saw a huge array of sunflowers in a farmers garden and I had to smile. How can you not!

1 comment:

  1. Your birdie card is really "tweet". (Could not resist being "punny" :) Love the gold swirls.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I check them every day! If you would like me to contact you, please leave your email address. Note: spam comments are not approved.

About Me

My Photo
I guess you might call me a "right brainer", loving all things creative. Cardmaking is the perfect hobby for me as it allows me to be totally creative, combining design with poetry or verses I can compose myself. With Christmas being such an important occasion for cardmaking and crafting, I decided to create a separate blog just for Christmas projects. "It's All About Christmas" will host all my Christmas items. "Gracenotes For Today" will still feature items every other occasion of the year. I hope you'll drop by often and stay awhile!

Talk to Me

I really enjoy reading your comments. If you see something you like (or don't), please take a second to let me know. It's what keeps me going! Just click the Comments link at the bottom of each post. Thank you!

My Christmas Blog

My Christmas Blog
Christmas Cards, Downloadable Graphics, Poems

Faithful Followers

New Followers

When you become a new follower, please say 'hello' so that I'll know who you are and can welcome you!

Follow by Email